6.18.2008

We are still around

Summer has taken us by storm. We are so busy but I just wanted to let everyone know we are still out here. The job I had didn't quite work out - as Todd put it -we can put insurance salesman on my list of things I don't want to do with my life. Anyway, I am very much enjoying spending the summer with the kids instead. We are at the pool as much as the weather will allow us to be. Mother Nature was not so kind to us as our usual trickle of water we get in the basement turned into at least 6 inches of standing water. That has resolved, but know we get the fun chore of pulling down moldy sheet rock. Lucky for us anything that is of importance is in totes down there so nothing really a big loss, a few odds and ends. This weekend will be spend cleaning up the mess. Yuck. Anyway it could have been worse, we don't use that room for anything but storage and laundry it isn't a nice finished space. Other than that the yard could stand to be mowed every other minute it seems and there seems to be some weed pulling to be done. The garden that got tilled got next to nothing planted in it do to all the rain. We have a few things. Hopefully over the next few weeks all will be back to normal around here. We started painting our living room and have that to finish as well. That is the last big paint job for a while. Next it will be to work on the boys' room upstairs. If there is any conclusion I have come to with all this cleaning and moving around rooms is that my children have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too many toys. Lord, I don't know what to do with then all anymore. They are taking over my house. Olivia alone has: Barbies, My Little Ponies. then the littler version of the My little ponies, Littlest Pet shop buildings and animals, a tote of baby clothes for her dolls. a tote of dress of clothes for her, a large tote to hold all the accessories that go with her two dollhouses. not to mention all the dolls that she has, books, doll accessories cradle, stroller, carseat, booster seat etc. Oh and let us not forget the dreaded Polly pocket. It is insane in her room. I want it to look nice but it is becoming harder and harder to contain all the toys. That doesn't even begin to talk about the babies toys or the boys toys. Did I mention that 2 of my boys have birthdays in the next two months. YEA!!!!!! Okay, I have to get to bed. I will have some pics to post soon.

1 comment:

Momma and Lexi said...

Yeah!!!! You are still around!!!! So, are we not supposed to send toys for the birthdays?