7.19.2008

More Pictures

Just a picture of Carter being Carter

Jack's 6th Birthday

Enjoying a nice day having lunch outside!

Michael working hard in the garden


This past few weeks have still been kind of busy for us. The kids enjoyed a week of swimming lessons, we have been to the library, to the park several times and of course the pool lots of times. This last week we went to Blank Park Zoo in Des Moines. We of course picked the hottest day of the week to go. We went with some friends and had a picnic lunch, spent the day looking at the animals, and then stopped for ice cream on the way home. A job opportunity has come up for me or I guess I should say something I felt like applying for. The elementary school secretary resigned suddenly a week ago and now they are left scrambling to fill her position. I know there are going to be a lot of people interested in the job but I am hoping I have a chance, at least I would like to get an interview. I have a couple of things going for me, I have been a substitute for the secretary for the last 1 1/2 years and the job requires a strong accounting background because she does the accounting for the district's nutrition program and I do have an accounting degree. We will see what happens. I am trying to find a job that I think I will like because with 4 kids if I am going to go to work then I better like it. Not much around here to do though! Anyway nothing else much going on around here. School starts a month from tomorrow not that I am counting the days or anything! We will have to make the most of their days of freedom they have left!

No comments: